4.12.2007

This Is Why I'm Hot

I'm not going to lie, I love rap (for you fogies out there, that's music)... especially the repetitive songs that drive my husband crazy (like Mims' "This Is Why I'm Hot")! This song is simply a dude shouting out why he is hot and why you're not- it lacks creativity and lustre, but he makes his point well (over and over (my husband suggested I add another "over") again). Well, that is Austin's adopted theme song right now as reports show that currently, Austin is the best place for Real Estate in the country! Leading economist Mark Dotzour noted to the Austin Business Journal that "national attention is being focused on Texas as markets decline elsewhere around the United States. Austin is further ahead of other Texas cities, with a very modest 3.2 months inventory of unsold homes, making it one of the tightest markets in the country."

Again, besides Hula Hut, Barton Springs, Leander's new X Park, HEB (sorry you guys up North who don't have HEB!!!), Hut's, music, SXSW, flip flops at work and UT FOOTBALL, Austin's Real Estate Market really is HOT.

SO, this is why I'm hot... (ok, not me, but at least my husband AND the Austin Real Estate market)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us guys out west don't have HEB either. My wife whined for years after we left Austin about missing HEB. I don't get it, it's just a grocery store for Pete's sake.

I whined about missing far more important things like Shiner Bock and Blue Bell ice cream (both of which we can now get in Phoenix. But still no HEB...)

And I would comment on your hotness, but no point in getting Mr. Austin Realtor or Mrs. Phoenix Realtor upset...

AUSTIN REALTOR'S WIFE said...

Jay- HEB is the god of grocerers and I dare you to say otherwise. :)

***************
He can confess if he wants, but one of our blog friends noticed Realtor Wives has pretty high ranking these days for certain googlers due to this post and similar posts. Note the words "wives," "single" (as in Single Pointe Realty), "Austin," and several times "hot."

I guess it could be a blessing in disguise? Page rank IS page rank, right? :( LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'll claim that one Lani :-)

"austin hot wives" was #6 on Google.

Unknown said...

"You're hot 'cause you're fly; I aint 'cause I'm not"... I knew we had more than blogging in common!

(I actually like this song, much to my daughter's chagrin. She does not find it cool when I belt it out while driving her friends around).